NassRasur.com-Forum

Registrieren || Einloggen || Hilfe/FAQ || Startseite || NassRasur.com-Portal || Suche || Mitgliederliste || Team
[Gast]

Im NassRasur.com-Shop finden Sie
Alles, was Mann für die Rasur braucht

Besuchen Sie auch unser Blog:
Alles, was Mann interessiert

Erfahren Sie, wie Sie Ihre Bilder auf unserem Server
speichern und direkt hier im Forum zeigen können

NassRasur.com-Forum » Rasierklingen und Sicherheitsrasierer » Giesen & Forsthoff Timor or Mühle » Themenansicht

zum letzten Beitrag dieser Diskussion springen

Autor Thread - Seiten: -1-
Diskussionsnachricht 000000
04.12.2018, 14:24 Uhr
dimos
registriertes Mitglied

Hi guys, read a link to your forum on english forums, and sorry for not writing in your language, but you guys seem to be knowing the best, so i'll ask here (spent the morning google translating your discussions).

Overall, in terms of general quality, which razors would you say are better, Giesen Forsthoff's (especially the gentle shaver) or Mühle's? As I understand, they shave quite similar in closed comb versions.

Thank you!

Profil des Verfassers || private E-Mail an Verfasser || andere Forumsnachrichten des Verfassers || Nachricht an Moderation melden Zitatantwort || Editieren || Löschen
Diskussionsnachricht 000001
04.12.2018, 16:24 Uhr
Shogun
registriertes Mitglied

In my opinion the Mühle is on another level. The thread is now made from brass, which should improve stability & durability.

As for the shave itself: the gentle shaver is just that: a very very gentle shaver. The Muhle (R89), while a mild shaver as well, brings efficiency to the table.

There is a reason Timor isn't talked about much overall in the shaving world. Just isn't that efficient of a shaver, albeit the built quality being above average for a zinc alloy razor.

Profil des Verfassers || private E-Mail an Verfasser || andere Forumsnachrichten des Verfassers || Nachricht an Moderation melden Zitatantwort || Editieren || Löschen
Diskussionsnachricht 000002
04.12.2018, 20:17 Uhr
CaptainGreybeard
registriertes Mitglied

Shogun schrieb:

Zitat:
In my opinion the Mühle is on another level. The thread is now made from brass, which should improve stability & durability.

On another level? Most definitely not. The only difference between those two models is the thread - a piece of brass soldered onto the head cap with the newer Mühle models (as of 2016 IRRC), threaded and chromium-plated zamak alloy with the G&F razors. Apart from that, both manufacturers are on a very high level of craftsmanship and build quality.

Shogun schrieb:

Zitat:
As for the shave itself: the gentle shaver is just that: a very very gentle shaver. The Muhle (R89), while a mild shaver as well, brings efficiency to the table.

Well, if you know how to handle the G&F razor, it provides at least as close shaves as the Mühle R89. In my personal experience, it's even better because it's as close and efficient but gentler on the skin. Nomen est omen, so to speak.

Diese Nachricht wurde am 04.12.2018 um 20:17 Uhr von CaptainGreybeard editiert.

Diskussionsnachricht 000003
04.12.2018, 21:04 Uhr
Malias
registriertes Mitglied

I think the Mühle R89 got the better overall finish, yet the Timor is very close to it.

I would still prefer the Timor, because 1) the razor head completely covers the sides of the blade when loaded. No nasty overhang!
2) The handle from G&F's is heavier, made of stainless steel and delivers good grip to it.

(I would actually prefer a Merkur safety razor over one of Mühle's, since they perform better for me.)

Go for the G&F!

Diskussionsnachricht 000004
06.12.2018, 06:35 Uhr
dimos
registriertes Mitglied

Hi,

Thanks to all. Ordered Gentle Shaver with the 100mm stainless steel handle (a bit cheaper than R89 on woodberg).

Thanks.

Diskussionsnachricht 000005
06.12.2018, 13:51 Uhr
CaptainGreybeard
registriertes Mitglied

@dimos: You're welcome. Have fun with the Gentle Shaver and many happy, smooth and close shaves.

Diskussionsnachricht 000006
07.12.2018, 09:44 Uhr
Sano
registriertes Mitglied

Hallo Dimos,

good decision, you should come back, after you did test your razor.

My rating on the closed comb heads (I use other handles) is
1. Timor CC
2. Merkur CC (like in 23c, 34c and many others)
3. Mühle R89 or Edwin Jagger DE89. I hate the sharp or pointed edges of the DE89.

Overall, the Timor is the best and smoothest head which I own.

The Merkur 37c and Mühle R41 are interesting razors, a bit more and much more aggressive, but for everyday use I came back to the Timor.

Diskussionsnachricht 000007
13.12.2018, 10:01 Uhr
dimos
registriertes Mitglied

Well, the Gentle shaver is gentle, but in my experience it's more efficient than Edwin Jagger.

Anyone measured the blade gap?

Seiten: -1-     [ Rasierklingen und Sicherheitsrasierer ]  

Antwort hinzufügen
Als Gast sind keine Antworten möglich, diese Funktion ist nur für Mitglieder.
Du kannst Dich hier kostenlos registrieren.
Bist Du schon Mitglied? Dann musst Du Dich noch einloggen!

NassRasur.com-Portal  |  Impressum  |  Datenschutz