NassRasur.com-Forum

Registrieren || Einloggen || Hilfe/FAQ || Startseite || NassRasur.com-Portal || Suche || Mitgliederliste || Team
[Gast]

Im NassRasur.com-Shop finden Sie
Alles, was Mann für die Rasur braucht

Besuchen Sie auch unser Blog:
Alles, was Mann interessiert

Erfahren Sie, wie Sie Ihre Bilder auf unserem Server
speichern und direkt hier im Forum zeigen können

NassRasur.com-Forum » Rasierhilfsmittel und Pflegeprodukte » Musgo Real bei Shaving Blog » Themenansicht

zum letzten Beitrag dieser Diskussion springen

Autor Thread - Seiten: -1-
Diskussionsnachricht 000000
03.06.2006, 11:25 Uhr
John Galt
registriertes Mitglied

Auch Corey Greenberg mag ihren verführerischen Duft:

www.shaveblog.com/?p=202

Chasing the elusive 5-minute quickie shave lately, I’ve been revisiting some old favorite shaving creams that work especially well without a brush, just slathered on with your bare hands like a heathen. And it occurs to me that I’ve never really blogged about one of the very first high-quality shaving creams I tried back when I first picked up a Merkur safety razor to give this whole wetshaving trip a go: Musgo Real.

It was Lee Cantor of Lee’s Razors who first turned me onto Musgo. I’d put in an order for my first Merkur HD razor and a pack of blades, and Lee recommended I try a tube of Musgo — he said it was one of the best shaving creams in the world, and that it would leave my skin nice and moisturized. I figured it was worth a shot at only ten clams a tube, so I bit.

Musgo Real “Creme Para Barbear” has been around since the 1920s, and this Portuguese shaving cream has become so popular with old-school wetshavers around the world that pretty much every shop and online vendor that deals in shavegeekery sells it — I mean, you can get it here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and even here for god’s sake. I’ve had vendors tell me they wouldn’t dream of not carrying Musgo, because many of their longtime customers won’t shave with anything else.

The cream comes in a nice metal toothpaste-style tube, with a cap that’s got a recessed point to pierce the seal when you first crack open a tube. And when you do open one for the first time, that’s when Musgo’s heavenly, grassy scent makes you smile. It’s been described by more than one scentgeek as smelling like fresh-cut grass, and it’s one of my favorite scents in all of shavegeekdom.

Musgo’s secret ingredient is lanolin. It’s a glycerin-based cream like the English types and the new-school creams like Nancy Boy and Lush, but it’s also got a healthy dose of lanolin to keep your skin slick during the shave and moisturized afterward. And you can really feel the difference, both during a shave and after you rinse off, when you shave with Musgo. There’s an extra bit of lube and cushion there as compared to the English creams — in this respect, it’s more like Nancy Boy and Truefitt & Hill’s Ultimate Comfort than the classic Trumpers and Taylors.

Musgo works well with a brush, but I’ve found that the lanolin can gum up a badger brush’s bristles with extended use, so I don’t really recommend using it with a brush. The good news is I find Musgo works even better brushless, just using your hands. You don’t get quite as thick’n'puffy a bed of lather on your puss, but to me, the shave is better and a hell of a lot quicker to boot.

I’ve been catching some excellent haul-ass shaves with Musgo this past week, revisiting an old favorite to see how it fared as a quickie cream. I’d forgotten how much I like this cream, both for its shave and its scent — not every shaving cream works well as a quickie cream, but Musgo joins Nancy Boy on my short list of shaving creams that can haul ass when the chips are down yet sacrifice nothing when it comes to the quality of the shave and the sniffpleasure, however brief.

Musgo Real is one of those classic shavegeek creams every guy should have a tube of laying around. It’s cheap, easy to source, smells great, is good for your skin, and is particularly excellent when used brushless. Like Proraso, if you don’t have some already, go online and buy a tube, now.

--
Ich liebe den Geruch von Rasierschaum am Morgen.

Diese Nachricht wurde am 03.06.2006 um 11:27 Uhr von John Galt editiert.

Profil des Verfassers || private E-Mail an Verfasser || andere Forumsnachrichten des Verfassers || Nachricht an Moderation melden Zitatantwort || Editieren || Löschen
Diskussionsnachricht 000001
06.06.2006, 08:15 Uhr
Kurbjuhn

John Galt schrieb:

Zitat:
Auch Corey Greenberg mag ihren verführerischen Duft:
Musgo works well with a brush, but I’ve found that the lanolin can gum up a badger brush’s bristles with extended use, so I don’t really recommend using it with a brush.

Interessant, dass Corey dass jetzt auch behauptet. Ich hab das schon ein oder zweimal in den US-Foren gelesen, dass jemand dort behauptet, die MR würde ihm den Rasierpinsel zukleistern. Ich jedenfalls kann mir das nicht erklären, da ich die MR problemlos rückstandsfrei ausspülen kann. Hat hier jemand derartige Beobachtungen gemacht?

Gruß

Chris

--
forum-mods(at)nassrasur(dot)com

Profil des Verfassers || private E-Mail an Verfasser || andere Forumsnachrichten des Verfassers || Nachricht an Moderation melden Zitatantwort || Editieren || Löschen
Diskussionsnachricht 000002
06.06.2006, 08:36 Uhr
Drei
registriertes Mitglied

Kurbjuhn schrieb:

Zitat:
Ich hab das schon ein oder zweimal in den US-Foren gelesen, dass jemand dort behauptet, die MR würde ihm den Rasierpinsel zukleistern. ... Hat hier jemand derartige Beobachtungen gemacht?

Ja, ich kann Musgo auch nicht rückstandsfrei aus dem Pinsel waschen. Selbst bei hohen Wassertemperaturen und mit langem Waschen nicht. Wenn ich dann über den getrockneten Pinsel streiche, staubts. Das passiert aber erst nach ca einem halben Jahr täglichen Gebrauchs. Bei Trumpers Seifen konnte ich diesen Effekt noch nicht beobachten.

Vielleicht liegts am Wasser, das ist bei uns relativ weich.

Gruß
Drei

Diese Nachricht wurde am 06.06.2006 um 08:37 Uhr von Drei editiert.

Diskussionsnachricht 000003
06.06.2006, 09:14 Uhr
dailysoap
registriertes Mitglied

Verkleistern bzw. nicht rückstandsloses Ausspülen des Pinsels:
weder mit der Musgo noch mit irgendeinem anderen Rasiermittel beobachtet (sehr hartes Wasser).

Diese Nachricht wurde am 06.06.2006 um 09:14 Uhr von dailysoap editiert.

Seiten: -1-     [ Rasierhilfsmittel und Pflegeprodukte ]  

Antwort hinzufügen
Als Gast sind keine Antworten möglich, diese Funktion ist nur für Mitglieder.
Du kannst Dich hier kostenlos registrieren.
Bist Du schon Mitglied? Dann musst Du Dich noch einloggen!

NassRasur.com-Portal  |  Impressum  |  Datenschutz