NassRasur.com-Forum

Registrieren || Einloggen || Hilfe/FAQ || Startseite || NassRasur.com-Portal || Suche || Mitgliederliste || Team
[Gast]

Im NassRasur.com-Shop finden Sie
Alles, was Mann für die Rasur braucht

Besuchen Sie auch unser Blog:
Alles, was Mann interessiert

Erfahren Sie, wie Sie Ihre Bilder auf unserem Server
speichern und direkt hier im Forum zeigen können

NassRasur.com-Forum » Rasiermesser und Zubehör » Frage in english » Themenansicht

zum letzten Beitrag dieser Diskussion springen

Autor Thread - Seiten: -1-
Diskussionsnachricht 000000
26.11.2006, 20:21 Uhr
edrose
registriertes Mitglied

Hello, ich bin neu hier, sorry to write in english, but my german is just enough to understand written text...
I bought an old straight razor with a blade in catastrophic shape, but with ivory scales and beautiful metallic hunting scene insert on it.
i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/rozsaeddi/ResizeofIMG_68...
i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/rozsaeddi/ResizeofIMG_68...
Does anybody knows that logo with the two razors? It seems to me that the firm's name is "Do So". Any informations or idea about the age?
Danke schön!
ed

Of course, you can answer in german, I'll succeed! (behelfen mich?)

Diese Nachricht wurde am 26.11.2006 um 20:26 Uhr von edrose editiert.

Profil des Verfassers || private E-Mail an Verfasser || andere Forumsnachrichten des Verfassers || Nachricht an Moderation melden Zitatantwort || Editieren || Löschen
Diskussionsnachricht 000001
26.11.2006, 22:08 Uhr
Rasiern00b
registriertes Mitglied

The Sign remindet me at the Dovo logo.
The text could stand for DOvo SOlingen.

If noone has a better answer, check out The DOVO Homepage.

You can write them an Email with the Pictures for help.

But again, I'm not sure! (see my Nick)

Diese Nachricht wurde am 26.11.2006 um 22:09 Uhr von Rasiern00b editiert.

Profil des Verfassers || private E-Mail an Verfasser || andere Forumsnachrichten des Verfassers || Nachricht an Moderation melden Zitatantwort || Editieren || Löschen
Diskussionsnachricht 000002
26.11.2006, 23:12 Uhr
edrose
registriertes Mitglied

Thank you, Rasiern00b!
I just checked their website, but it's not an old DoVo, because they show the brands and logos from 1903, and it was always that little knight.
But I found an other old Solingen company named Dorko (Dorten GmbH & Co), I wrote them with the pictures, we will see!

Diskussionsnachricht 000003
27.11.2006, 13:15 Uhr
Rasiern00b
registriertes Mitglied

I remembered that development of the logo, but I dindn't find it yesterday.
Hope, you will find the manufakturer.

Diskussionsnachricht 000004
27.11.2006, 20:44 Uhr
Riesenschnauzer
registriertes Mitglied

hi ed
here you can find some dorko straight razors with nice pictures

www.shavingshop.com/index.php?page=3&category=43

regards
stefan

Diskussionsnachricht 000005
28.11.2006, 09:23 Uhr
Rasiern00b
registriertes Mitglied

Wow, der Link is ja super, da kann man sich ja gar nicht satt sehen.
Ich liebe Holzgriffschalen.

Diskussionsnachricht 000006
28.11.2006, 10:31 Uhr
edrose
registriertes Mitglied

Great link, thank you, Stefan!
And there is the answer too: on the Dorko's blades we can se the logo with the two razors! There's no more mystery...

Diskussionsnachricht 000007
28.11.2006, 19:57 Uhr
Rasorface
registriertes Mitglied

Hi edrose,

I am quite sure that the material for the scales is not ivory.
It looks like ivory but is celit. It is called "french ivory".

But to be sure I would need a picture of the whole scale.

Great that you found out that's a Dorko.

Diskussionsnachricht 000008
28.11.2006, 22:11 Uhr
edrose
registriertes Mitglied

Thank you, Razorface, unfortunately (at least for me), you are totally right!
I was just informed about the same thing by an englishman... He wrote:
"I would say this is worth it for this razor for the scales alone but here I've bad news. They are almost certainly not ivory. I've seen this inlay before and they are celluloid made to look like ivory. If you think I'm wrong, heat a pin and touch the hot end to an inconspicuous place on the scales - on the inside near the pivot pin is good. Celluloid will melt instantly, ivory won't melt. Sorry but I just know these are celluloid! In any event, these scales are popular with USA collectors because of their content. Sorry if I've rained on your parade!"
I tried it, and that's true. Nevertheless, the inlay is fine, and I only paid 5 euros for it...

Diese Nachricht wurde am 28.11.2006 um 22:17 Uhr von edrose editiert.

Diskussionsnachricht 000009
20.04.2007, 09:54 Uhr
~UbuRoy
Gast

I think the scales are made outside germany, perhaps by an US or spanish razor maker and only the blade is made in solingen?

The picture style and look is very untypical for a complete german razor. But maybe it's an export version?

Looks more like a spanish or american razor maker style. But it's only my assumption ;-)

Diese Nachricht wurde am 20.04.2007 um 09:59 Uhr von UbuRoy editiert.

(Gast) Zitatantwort || Editieren || Löschen
Diskussionsnachricht 000010
20.04.2007, 14:40 Uhr
Herr Grau
registriertes Mitglied

Dorko mainly produced their razors for export. That's why you won't find as many on the german market and why they are realy famous in the US. So it is possible that they designed the razors american style as they already produced for the US market in major.

--
Erst kommt das Fressen, dann die Moral.

Seiten: -1-     [ Rasiermesser und Zubehör ]  

Antwort hinzufügen
Als Gast sind keine Antworten möglich, diese Funktion ist nur für Mitglieder.
Du kannst Dich hier kostenlos registrieren.
Bist Du schon Mitglied? Dann musst Du Dich noch einloggen!

NassRasur.com-Portal  |  Impressum  |  Datenschutz